American Airlines systemwide upgrades are a great benefit to those who hold Executive Platinum status. They basically allow you to reach out and upgrade any revenue ticket one class of service (subject to availability, which is unfortunately scarce these days).
2017 was the last year when 8 upgrades were awarded and I didn’t end up using all of mine. I’m looking at a long flight to try and burn 2 that I have left but that leaves me with one to give away to a lucky reader!
Here are the stipulations, and they’re very important:
- You must be traveling before March 1, 2017 on an American Airlines marketed and operated flight (a flight on an American Airlines jet that has an American Airlines flight number, codeshares are not allowed). If you’re not traveling before March 1, 2017 there is no reason for you to enter.
- If confirmable availability isn’t available this will simply get you added to the upgrade waitlist and I make no guarantees that your upgrade will clear
- The systemwide upgrade has no cash value, as American Airlines forbids sale or barter in exchange for the upgrades, this is simply me offering one to a blog reader
- If chosen you will need to reach out to me via email with your six-character Record Locator, after which I’ll try to get the upgrade secured for you
- On some international itineraries an upgrade will result in an increase in taxes owed, you are responsible for those taxes if that’s the case
- No purchase necessary to enter, instructions are below.
Here’s how to enter:
- Leave a comment below saying “I’ve read the stipulations and am traveling before March 1, 2017, I would like the upgrade!”
- A winner will be chosen at 5:00pm CST February 21, 2017 through a random number selection of the comments on this post
- If you have a question about whether or not your flight is eligible, email me at andystravelblog at gmail dot com and then come back to the post to enter