Milford Sound was wonderful. I wanted to stay there, and briefly thought about applying for a job with Real Journeys. Alas, I could not, I had clients waiting for me upon my return. Leaving Queenstown after Aggie Football I awoke with a start at 4:30 the following morning (and by “start” I mean “loud alarm”). I wasn’t concerned with jetlag or the long drive ahead of me that morning, my focus was half a planet away in College Station, Texas. The Fightin’ Texas Aggies were taking on the Rice Owls in American College Football, and they needed my support. Thanks to a good friend, also named Andy, I was able to watch the game via his BelkinTV app. I watched the sun rise over the top of my iPad as the Aggies deftly handled the Owls. I knew I needed to leave by 9, so the Aggies had a schedule to keep. They did. The victory was ours just before 9am. I quickly packed my things, grabbed a shower, and hit the road for my final journey in New Zealand: driving to Christchurch. As expected, the views were scenic, if not a little foggy at first, which made me feel like I was in a horror movie. The fog eventually lifted, which was nice as it meant I could see farther than a kilogram or so ahead. The drive was mostly uneventful. I enjoyed mostly empty roads that were quite desolate at points. I had heard the drive had a… read more
- Talking Travel, Airplane Food, and Guitars with DFW Centurion Lounge Executive Chef Dean Fearing
- American Airlines new temporary Premium Lounge at DFW is open!
- Travel Camera Review: the $500 Fuji XF10 vs my $1000 iPhone X
- Celebrity Chef Dean Fearing surprises guests at the DFW Centurion Lounge!
- Three Digits to Check Before Booking Your Next American Airlines Flight
This work by Andy Luten is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.